Wendy is a Registered Dietitian specializing in food sensitivity for over 25-years. Her practice is focused on helping food sensitive clients expand their diet and live well with a restricted diet. Wendy's interest goes beyond the science and into the emotional aspects of coping with food and symptoms.
She is a respected food sensitivity expert and has provided internship and continuing education for registered dietitians for over fifteen years. Wendy has spoken at many national conferences including:
- Dietitians of Canada Annual Conferences,
- The Role of Prebiotics and Probiotics in Gastrointestinal Health, 2007
- Allergy Nutrition Counselling – What you need to Know!, 2009
- Film Production 101, 2012
- Teledietetics: Emerging Practice Opportunities, 2015
- Understanding Food Hypersensitivity Testing, 2017
- When the Standard Interventions Fail, 2019
- Montreal International Symposium on Probiotics, Pre-and Probiotics in Allergy, 2006
- 28th Annual Calgary Therapeutics Course, Introduction of Complimentary Foods and Atopic Food Allergy, 2011
- Videoconference presentations for family doctors sponsored by Pfizer Canada, IgE Mediated Food Allergy – 2013/14
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Webinar, The Ins and Outs of Food Allergy, 2014
Wendy completed her undergraduate degree in Food and Nutrition at the University of Alberta in 1990 and a dietetic internship at the University of Alberta Hospitals in 1991. Additionally, she completed a Master’s of Science in Human Nutrition from 1993-1996 at the University of British Columbia. Her research study was: Benefits of a Histamine-Reducing Diet for Some Patients with Chronic Urticaria and Angioedema.
Wendy's wide range of professional experience has given her the skills to create this website and counselling practice. In addition to her food sensitivity practice, Wendy has worked as a dietitian in hospitals, home care, long term care, primary care and public health.
Her professional affiliations include:
- College of Dietitians of Alberta
- Dietitians of Canada
- Medical Advisory Committee, Mastocytosis Society Canada
- The American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology (Allied Health Member)
♥ Wendy lives in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada with her husband, two teenage daughters and cat. Her hobbies include cooking, yoga, cross country skiing, photography and hamlaxing (which is a word her family made up for relaxing in the hammock). ♥