If you decide that it is not a good time, we can focus on Living Well with a Restricted Diet.
It might not be a good time if you are:
- Expanding your diet because you feel that you should.
- Experiencing increased stress. Your mind/body will be less likely to tolerate new food if you are unhappy or anxious.
- Changing medications, supplements or other treatments. When other potential triggers are changing, it is hard to know if symptoms are related to these other triggers or food.
- Experiencing unstable symptoms.
- Stuck in the food fear & symptom cycle. It’s important to make progress with the first five steps before reintroducing food. You will be more successful in the long-run if you take enough time to reduce your reactivity. Be patient!